The exact opposite of barrier marketing. Marketers try to block anyone who can in the hope of promoting a promotional message or offer to the consumer. This option of permission marketing has become the mainstream of advertising, as we each get hit with unsolicited messages every day.
As a customer, we encounter over 3,000 barrier marketing messages on a daily basis. To combat all of these messages that are fighting for our attention, we have created a “tough outer shell” to block this communication. That’s why we now see more provocative, above all, top ads in the modern media.
How exactly does a pair of permission-based marketing do that shell? This is only through marketing to people who have shown a specific interest in certain messages. This is why SMS marketing is so effective. This is why text messaging is so powerful about
Why SMS Marketing?
It is permission-based. Just like what we discussed in the previous section, you can only send text message explosions to customers who have chosen your contact op. This makes your marketing lists extremely compact, as it contains customers who plan to sponsor your business, usually on a regular basis.
It is a mass communication tool. Almost everyone owns a cellphone. All of these phones are more likely to receive the text. SMS marketing lets you touch base with customers at the click of a button.
Instant. Text messages are sent and received within a few seconds. Think about how strong you are alone. This allows you to control the exact time and date when customers read your promotions.
It is trackable and lets you easily measure which messages/promotions are working and which are not. It helps you keep improving your text promotion and marketing messages across all other promotional outlets.
Advantages of SMS Marketing:
SMS marketing has many advantages and varies depending on the industry you are in and how you want to use it. Here are some common benefits experienced by SMS user marketers and merchants.
- Increase traffic on your business legs
- Increase your sales and customer base
- Reward loyal customers when creating new ones
- Establish a strong personal connection with your customers
- Contact customers instantly
- Customers can easily forward the valuable text promotions to their friends and family
- Customers stay in the loop with your business
- The customer will not feel forgotten due to the easy availability of marketing
SMS Marketing Stats:
Now that we have some background on why SMS marketing is so powerful, let’s take a look at some of the statistics of some important text message statistics.
- 95% of text messages fall within the first 5 minutes
- 70% of Americans want to send their favorite phones directly to their cellphones
- The average American sees their cellphone 150 times a day
- 22% of text messages with value are forwarded to their friends and family